Saturday, March 31, 2007

Meeting Famous People


A friend of mine posted a blog entry some months back in which he tells about meeting Maury Povich in an elevator in New York City. My friend says to Maury Povich, "Hey, aren't you Maury Povich?" And Povich turns to him and says, "All day long."
Maury Povich is a putz.

My friend's story reminded me of a time many years ago when I met Martin Sheen. It was in a grocery store in Oakwood, Ohio, and it was late on a Sunday night. I don't remember what I was shopping for, but it must have been mighty important enough for me to go to a grocery store late on a Sunday. Anyway, I was walking down an aisle when I spotted Sheeny. He was reading a package of noodles, and he seemed totally engrossed in his shopping. I remember thinking "Holy crap! That's Martin Sheen!" I kept cool though, and I noticed that he had mostly expensive, pre-packaged meals scattered about his cart. That made sense—he was a rich guy and didn't want to cook. After watching him for a few minutes, I walked up to him, flexed my arm, and said, "Hey, aren't you Martin Sheen? You wanna' feel my muscle?"
Then he said, "Get the fuck away from me." So I left.
What a grouch.

2 comments:

My name isn't Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My name isn't Emily said...

i remember seeing him looking at the cheese...i thought i knew him. i didn't. maybe he didn't know what muscle you were talking about...